Placement Supervisor - Therapeutic Foster Care
|Title:||Placement Supervisor - Therapeutic Foster Care|
|Location:||Wheat Ridge, CO (Denver Area)|
|Starting Salary (typical):||DOE|
|Status:||Full - Time, Exempt|
DescriptionPlacement Supervisor / Program Manager - Therapeutic Foster Care
To Apply: Please go to: http://www.arielcpa.org/Careers/
Salary: Salary to commensurate with experience and skill set. A liberal benefits package is available including: medical, dental, vision, AFLAC, retirement and paid time off.
PER COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES RULES AND REGULATIONS IN VOLUME 7 (7.710.22), THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
- A Masters degree in a social or behavioral science (i.e. Psychology, Sociology, Human Services) with a minimum of 3640 hours experience in a Child Placement Agency specializing in Therapeutic Foster Care working under the direct supervision of a MSW, LPC, LMFT, LSW, or LP.
- A Masters of Social Work (MSW) with a minimum of 3640 hours experience in work similar to that of Ariel Clinical Services including some time in a Child Placement Agency.
- SAFE Certified, or willingness to become certified within 90 days of hire, or as directed by supervisor.
- SAFE Certified Supervisor, or willingness to become certified with in 90 days of hire, or as directed by supervisor.
- Provide copies of Official/Certified Transcript showing qualifying conferred degree after hire.
Ariel Clinical Services is a mid-sized non-profit organization headquartered in Grand Junction, CO with offices in Denver and Colorado Springs. We serve at-risk youth, their families and adults with developmental disabilities through our six major programs: Therapeutic Foster Care Program, Structured Parenting Time Program, Behavioral Skills Coach Program, In-Home Behavioral Support, Host Homes and an Adult Day Program.
Our mission is “To provide safe, nurturing and supportive environments for our clients so that they may have the opportunities to develop their strengths, maximize their potentials and fully participate in society.”
Our vision is “Turning challenges into opportunities one life at a time.”
POSITION SUMMARY/PRIMARY DUTIES
The Placement Supervisor is responsible for oversight of the Placements in the Therapeutic Foster Care program on the Front Range. The Placement Supervisor directly supervises the Placement Coordinator, Case Managers, Case Manager Aides, and Interns. The Placement Supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance with all Federal, State and Local rules and regulations that affect the Therapeutic Foster Care program.
- Provide day to day supervision of the program/duties and employees of the department supervised, including participation in the preparation of and adherence to the department’s budget. Review financials monthly with Regional Director.
- Provide direct supervision of employees within the department supervised by: interviewing, selecting and training new employees; setting employee work hours; handling employee complaints and grievances - with a means of resolution; conducting performance appraisals; preparing and/or recommending disciplinary action or corrective action plans and rewards for employees; providing ongoing training; preparing and/or making recommendations for termination and advancement of employees.
- Develop, implement and maintain Agency wide Standard Operating Procedures for the department supervised.
- Ensure census that supports operations and reach program growth goals as set annually.
- Ensure that files are audit ready, as required by CDHS.
- Represent Ariel Clinical Services by acting as a liaison to local human service agencies and state level agencies, as required.
- Provide crisis management for foster homes and Ariel staff on an on-going basis.
- Provide clinical crisis management and supervision for 24-hour emergency pager.
- Participate in monthly management meetings.
- Provide overall supervision and training of the clinical case management team to ensure the appropriate services for clients who are referred to the Therapeutic Foster Care Program. Including oversight of:
- Data analysis of trends and outcomes of interventions to ensure the best client outcomes.
- Medical services, including: psychological or psychiatric evaluations.
- Treatment plans, intakes, discharges, and monthly narratives to ensure compliance with CDHS regulations and program standards.
- Clinical records.
- Review and approve clinical documentation produced by case managers.
- Provide stabilization/consultation and safety planning for foster children in risk of disrupting from foster care.
- Plan and lead regular department meetings for Therapeutic Foster Care. Provide direct supervision of individual team members.
- Review and approve Critical Incidents per state regulations. Ensure timely reporting of critical incidents to state (within 24 hours).
- Negotiate foster care provider and case management rates between Ariel and the Department of Human Services. Execute contracts on behalf of Ariel Clinical Services for TFC.
- Approve program expenditures according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate and effectively problem solve/advocate with the Department of Human Services and other collaborative agencies. Maintain a positive relationship with referring agencies.
- Supervises the recruitment, screening, coordination, and execution of training for prospective foster families.
- Participate in designated community meetings.
- Provide back-up coverage for Regional Director’s responsibilities in their absence, as necessary.
- Ensures agency compliance with Volume 7 regulations.
- Supervise certification of foster care homes and place children in foster care homes and/or the study of families for placement of children. Provide supervision for SAFE Studies, to ensure safe foster homes attend state mandated SAFE Study.
- Delegate responsibilities and ensure follow-through of delegated responsibilities for the Foster Care program.
- Maintain a positive relationship with referring agencies.
- Oversee the coordination of medical services for the children placed by the agency.
- Participate in strategic planning with the Senior Management Team.
- Participate in ongoing program evaluation to ensure program effectiveness.
- A minimum of 3,640 hours (2 years) work experience. Preferably in a Child Placement Agency and under the direction of a MSW.
- MSW or Master's degree in social or behavioral sciences.
- SAFE Certified or willingness to become certified within 90 days of hire, or as directed by supervisor.
- Must have experience in supervision of at least 4 employees or a department.
- A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record. A safe, insured, reliable vehicle to use on the job and to transport clients.
- Additional Training: CPR, Basic First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Prevention (CPI), Informed Supervision (SIP), Medication Administration, etc. Those trainings which are not current are provided by the agency and must be completed within 90 days of hire, or as directed by the supervisor.
- Must be available throughout a 24-hour period for on-call rotations.
- Computer proficiency, including the use of smart phones.
- Must have a strong knowledge set of the type of work child welfare agencies participate in.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Must exercise independent judgment within the scope and boundaries of the position, agency policies, and federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Must be able to organize and present case material in a straight forward and concise written manner.
- Must pass a complete background check upon hire and pre-employment reference checks.
Please no phone calls. Only well qualified candidates will be contacted.
All application materials should be addressed to: Ariel Clinical Services, Human Resources Coordinator
To learn more about Ariel Clinical Services please go to www.arielcpa.org. To apply please go to: http://www.arielcpa.org/Careers/
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications