|Location:||Grand Junction, CO|
|Starting Salary (typical):||$12.00 per hour|
|Status:||Non Exempt, Full Time|
Position Summary -
ASA Vocational Staff are responsible for providing a therapeutic, enriching and supportive physical and emotional environment for developmentally disabled adults in the Ariel Clinical Services Vocational program. Staff are responsible for assisting clients in participating in day vocational activities. The staff will act as a model & advocate for the client and will use therapeutic methods towards the client to bring about changes in problem behaviors. The primary responsibility will be to provide direct supervision to the clients in group activities and assist the clients in building the skills necessary to live as independently as possible in their community. Teaching skill through both facility based programs as well as practical experience thought our various volunteer sites. This position is community customer based outdoor work with emphasis on individual skill building.
Selected Responsibilities -
1. Teach client's self help, social, interpersonal and daily living skills.
2. Work with multiple social service agencies to provide the appropriate level of treatment for the clients in the ASA programs.
3. Observe and record clients' progress through narrative reports.
4. Attend to and advocate for the client's needs.
Education and Experience -
1. High School graduation or equivalent, minimum age 18.
2. Desire to work with a wide variety of Developmentally Disable Adults in many different settings.
3. Valid Colorado Driver License with an acceptable driving record.
4. CPR, 1st Aid
4. CPI and SIP - within 60 days of hire
5. Van Drivers Training
1. Prior experience working with the Developmentally Disabled population including mentoring activities within the community.
2. QMAP or with in 60 days of hire
Apply online at www.arielcpa.org/Careers
Due to the nature of our business all new employees are required to pass an extensive background check including: reference/employment check, Colorado and FBI Fingerprint check, Abuse/Neglect registry and Motor Vehicle Records check